- Online Learning
- Training & Certification
|Policy for SCMR-Initiated Papers|
Policy for SCMR-Initiated Papers
The SCMR acknowledges the responsibility to publish statements, recommendations and guidelines which intend to inform the community about best practices, based on the best available knowledge.
Such papers are initiated by the SCMR Executive Committee (EC) or the SCMR Board of Trustees (BOT) and may represent:
1) SCMR Recommendations
2) SCMR Position Papers
The following procedures will be followed:
• Submitted by a regular member of the SCMR
• Proposal includes a justification for the article (1-2 pages) and a suggested writing group
2. Discussion and Approval
• The Publications Committee reviews the proposal and makes a recommendation to the Board or EC based on the topic and also on the writing group. Diversity, balance of cardiology/radiology, US/Non-US, and MD and, where relevant, PhD must be considered when forming the writing group.
The Board or EC will take into account the recommendation of the Publications Committee and decide whether or not to proceed with the publication.
• A revision of the proposal may be requested
• In case of approval, timelines are defined by the BOT or the EC
• Responsibility with first and last author
• Based on the type of paper, the title includes “Society for Cardiovascular MR Recommendations on…”, or “ - a Position Paper of the Society for Cardiovascular MR”
• Submission to the SCMR Publications Committee
• Four expert reviewers selected by the Publications Committee
• Initial request goes to 3 reviewers, timeline: 3 weeks
• Reminder emails after 2 and 3 weeks
• Reviews plus a comment by the Chair of the Publications Committee are sent to corresponding author
• Review of a revision by the Chair only (can contact the reviewers)
• Aim: process not longer than 6-8 weeks
• Final review and approval by the President and EC.
• Submission to JCMR Editor for publication
• Review by Editor or designee only
• Editor communicates with Corresponding Author directly regarding any changes, if needed