This group is open to any SCMR member. If you are interested in being a part of this group, attending the meetings and receiving updates on group activities, please join.
To join, please select the icon at the top of the page.
The women in CMR working group was founded in 2013 with the overall goal of connecting members of the society who are interested in fostering diversity in our scientific community, particularly in what pertains to gender representation. The main aims of our group are to increase female participation in the field, especially in leadership roles. It is also the goal of the group to raise awareness of disparities in clinical and imaging presentation of cardiovascular diseases that affect women.
The mission statements of the group are summarized in the 4 below sentences:
1. Support and encourage the presence of women in leadership positions in the CMR national and international community;
2. Create opportunities for female CMR researchers/physicians/scientists;
3. Mentor female CMR professionals, particularly in the initial phase of their career;
4. Retain female CMR professionals in the scientific societies and inspire junior female professionals to pursue a career in CMR
The group meets during the SCMR annual meeting, and throughout the year through teleconferencing.
This year, the main focus of the groups has been on:
1. Increasing visibility and membership, with special attention to trainees and young members.
2. Exploring funding sources that could support the participation of trainees in the annual meeting and in the society overall
3. Generating a review paper to emphasize the importance of recognizing gender differences in cardiovascular imaging diagnosis.
If you are interested in getting involved, please visit our Facebook page and feel free to contact us with suggestions.
Women in CMR File Cabinet
1/21/2019SCMR Seed Grant Recipients
1/20/2019SCMR Receives NIH Funding to Support 22nd Annual Scientific Sessions
2/19/2019 » 2/23/2019SCMR 22nd Annual Scientific Sessions