SCMR Membership - strength in numbers
Like the strong magnetic fields used in MRI scanners, the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance “pulls” together physicians, scientists and technologists who work in the field of cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR). Membership has grown to over 2,600 globally, proving there is strength in numbers and SCMR can further advance the field when the field pulls together.
By joining the SCMR community, individuals become a part of a network of CMR colleagues seeking the same education, goals and shared mission within CMR: To improve cardiovascular health by advancing the field of CMR through education, advocacy, networking, research and clinical excellence.
Take advantage of SCMR's membership benefits:
- Discount to attend the Annual Scientific Sessions.
- Discounted article submissions to the open access Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (Members publish for $500, an 80% discount off of the full APC of $2500.)
- Discount to attend the Foundations of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance - A Level I SCMR Workshop.
- Reduced price to obtain SCMR Letter of Certification (members save $200)
- Access to online learning portal (some courses offered to members only)
- Free downloads of resources for professionals new to CMR, patients, referring providers, and technologists (some resources available to members only)
- FSCMR, become a Fellow of the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance. The Fellow designation recognizes the dedicated SCMR member physician, scientist, or technologist with a strong dedication to the SCMR and the field of CMR and a significant level of involvement, dedication, and accomplishments consistent with the overall mission of the Society.
- Eligible to receive SCMR supported awards, scholarships and grants (members only).
- Staying informed of latest CMR news, guidelines and position papers, and Cases of the Week.
- Discount to post jobs to the online Career Center.
- Ability to network top experts in the field and search the membership directory.
- SCMR advocates key issues on behalf of members, patients and supports Working Groups by specialty and region.
Click Here to Join to take advantage of all the SCMR has to offer and enhance your image today!
Hear what other members are saying about SCMR.
Already a member? Renew your membership by logging in.
SCMR MEMBERSHIP CALENDAR
SCMR membership runs on a calendar year basis and is effective January 1 through December 31.
- Applications submitted between January 1 and August 31 are effective through the current calendar year and will expire on December 31 of the current year.
- Applications submitted after August 31 and before December 31 are effective through the following calendar year and will expire on December 31 of the following year.
- Membership applications may be submitted year-round.
- Benefits begin immediately upon joining.
- Membership dues renewals are invoiced in September for the following year's dues.