Information for Course Directors who seek SCMR Level I confirmation:
A course that is confirmed by SCMR as a Level I must meet the following criteria:
- The course must include a minimum of 2 full days of intensive, live instruction in the indications, methods, and applications of CMR.
- The course director must be Level II or preferably Level III qualified.
- The course must cover all topics listed in Table 1 below.
- These topics may be presented as both didactic lecture and as case studies.
Topics to be covered in Level I training:
- CMR safety: magnetic fields, contrast agents, and contraindications.
- MRI contrast agents; mechanisms and applications
- Flow imaging and quantitative analysis of velocity-encoded images
- CMR of cardiovascular structure and anatomy
- CMR of right and left ventricular function
- CMR of myocardial infarction, scarring, and viability assessment
- CMR of myocardial fibrosis and edema
- Pharmacologic stress testing with CMR
- CMR of vascular pathology, including aortic disease
- CMR of valvular heart disease
- CMR of pediatric and adult congenital heart disease
- CMR in cardiomyopathies and heart failure
- CMR in arrhythmia
- CMR of pericardial disease
- CMR for cardiac masses and tumors
Level I confirmation by SCMR
- Level I confirmation for a course may be sought by the course director providing the course syllabus and a letter verifying that the course meets the above requirements. (Template provided)
- SCMR can support the course director by providing SCMR issued Level I certificates for all attendees for a per person fee. (10 attendees or more at $40 usd per attendee)
- Alternately, official SCMR certification of Level I competency may be sought by attendees who apply individually for Level I - Track B and provide proof of attendance, the course syllabus and a letter from the course director verifying that the course meets the requirements. ($50 for non SCMR members, $100 for SCMR members) In this case, the course director would need to provide attendees with a proof of attendance document and a letter attesting that the course meets the SCMR guidelines.
Course directors are encouraged to review the SCMR 2018 Training Guidelines and criteria for Level I- Track B and then contact SCMR Headquarters to request Level I confirmation and/or support.